Heritage Scholarship Award
The congregation of East Union Lutheran Church has a rich history filled will examples of its commitment to education. The congregation recognizes that Jesus' greatest commandment is "love the Lord your God with all your heart, and will all your soul, and with all your mind" (Matthew 22:37).
The people who make up this congregation have believed, and continue to believe, that a strong education is fundamental in a strong faith community. Harry Blamires, a student of the great Christian writer and apologist C.S. Lewis, once wrote, "There is no room in Christendom for a culture of the spirit which neglects the mind."
To continue this great heritage of education and insight, a scholarship fund was created to offer financial reward and incentive to one graduating high school senior each year.
We thank God for the creation of this schol-arship award and to each person who will receive its blessings.
Each year, a $1,000 scholarship is awarded to one eligible high school senior who best demonstrates how he or she will use his or her gifts to create community in Christ - a vital role in the vision of East Union Lutheran Church and the greater church worldwide.
- Must be a member of East Union Lutheran Church
- Must be a graduating high school senior
- Must show evidence of postsecondary continuing education
A panel of three members of East Union Lutheran Church will judge the essays.
The award will be presented during worship on the first Sunday of June. The recipient will be notified before the presentation is to take place.
- Must be submitted by the first Sunday in May of graduating year.
- Must be single-spaced, typed format.
- May be submitted electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- No name should be included on the actual submission but should be attached under separate cover and include name, phone number, and other contact information, as well as plans for continuing education.
In 400 words or less: How will your life and experiences at East Union Lutheran Church help you form communities and friendships that are "wellsprings of faith, hope and love" as you move on to college?
This award is funded solely by generous contributions and will continue to grown under the guidance of leadership of the people of East Union Lutheran Church. Please contact the Parish Office if you would like more information about donating to this fund.
Questions? Contact Pastor or Parish Office at 952-448-3450 - email@example.com.