Announcements and News
- Confirmation Registration is now open! Please bring completed registration forms to the office on or before September 3. You may also email the completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to: East Union Lutheran Church, 15180 County Road 40, Carver, MN 55315. Please contact the Youth & Education Committee if you have any questions, concerns, or suggestions. We welcome and appreciate all ideas and assistance!
- Sunday School registration is now open and open to members and non-member alike. Please bring completed registration forms to the office on or before September 3. You may also email the completed form to email@example.com or mail to: East Union Lutheran Church, 15180 County Road 40, Carver, MN 55315. Please contact the Youth & Education Committee if you have any questions, concerns, or suggestions. We welcome and appreciate all ideas and assistance!
- Youth & Education Program - Our Youth & Education Program needs volunteers. If you are interested in teaching Sunday School or Confirmation, being a mentor or joining the Youth & Education Committee, please let us know! You can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Heidi Gusenius - As many of you already know, our dear friend Heidi Gusenius has been diagnosed with Acute Myelogenous Leukemia (AML) for the second time. We hold her and her family up in our prayers during this time. You can follow along on this difficult journey through her CaringBridge site www.caringbridge.org/visit/heidigusenius. If you'd like to make a meal for Heidi and her family go to the Meal Train website for Heidi at https://www.mealtrain.com/trains/3lqz4y and sign up.
- We are hiring! - We are currently seeking out exceptional candidates to fill the role of Youth and Education Program Director. Learn more and help us spread the word!
- Cookbooks - EULC Congregational Cookbooks are still available. They include over 89 pages of recipes and feature our Sunday School kids artwork. Purchase yours today for only $8. Send an email to email@example.com with questions.
- Church Keys - If you have keys to the church and are no longer a council or committee member, please return them to the office.
- Make your voice heard - Please contribute news, information and announcements. Submit your items to the office by email firstname.lastname@example.org or hand in your news at the Parish Office.
- What's new with you? New email, change of home address, new phone number, new baby, new spouse? Please email email@example.com with your news - join us in the effort to keep up with you.
- Like us on Facebook! - Check out East Union on Facebook and make sure you like us!
- Confirmation and Sunday School Registration due September 3 - Please make sure completed Confirmation and Sunday School registrations are in the office by September 3.
- Youth & Education Committee Meeting, Tuesday, September 5 at 7:00 pm - The Youth & Education Committee will meet in the Parish Center Library. All are welcome to attend.
- Call Committee Meeting, Wednesday, September 6 at 7:00 pm - The Call Committee will meet in the Parish Center Library.
- Prairie Dedication, Sunday, September 10 - Join us for the Prairie Dedication ceremony to Viola Loehrs on Sunday, September 10 after worship.
- Faith Friends (Confirmation Mentors) Orientation, Sunday, September 10 at 11am - Orientation for confirmation student mentors.
- Quilting Group, Monday, September 11 from 1:00 pm to 4:00 pm - The Quilters will meet in the Parish Center.
- Rally Sunday, September 17 - On Sunday, September 17, we will celebrate our Sunday School ministry, and recognize and bless our Sunday School volunteers.
- Backpack Blessings, Sunday, September 17 - Students, please bring in your backpacks as a way of celebrating and blessing the beginning of a new school year.
- EULC Talent Show and Potluck, Sunday, September 17 - Got talent? We are going to kick off the new school year with a EULC Talent Show! Acting, singing, dancing, juggling, comedy, magic, playing a musical instrument, any special talent you may have, we want to see it! Send us an email (firstname.lastname@example.org) with your name, talent and any equipment you may need for your performance or sign up on the clipboard. The Talent Show will take place on Rally Sunday during Fellowship on Sunday, September 17. We can't wait to see the talents of our members of all ages.
- Acolyte Orientation, Sunday, September 17 - Acolyte orientation for new and current confirmation students. We will be meeting Sunday, September 17 after the Talent Show.
- Church Council Meeting, Tuesday, September 19 at 7:00 pm - The Church Council will meet in the Parish Center Library.
- Newsletter submissions due, Wednesday, September 20 - All submissions to the newsletter are due to the Parish Office by Wednesday, September 20.
- Quilting Group, Monday, September 25 from 1:00 pm to 4:00pm - The quilters will meet in the Parish Center.
- Feed My Starving Children, Wednesday, October 11 from 6:00 pm to 7:30pm - We will be hosting a Congregational Feed My Starving Children event at the Chanhassen Feed My Starving Children. Please sign up on the clipboard to participate.
- Trunk or Treat, October 29 - Save the date! On October 29, we will be hosting our annual Trunk or Treat. We hope to have a great turnout and make it a great time for the kids! Sign up on the clipboard if you are willing to decorate your trunk and pass out treats.
- Chicken Dinner, Sunday, November 5 - Save the date! We will be hosting our annual Chicken Dinner on Sunday, November 5.