East Union Lutheran Church (15180 County Road 40 in Carver, Minnesota) is seeking a Treasurer.
Position summary: The Treasurer has the responsibility of ensuring that the church's financial operations are processed and reported accurately and with integrity. In this position, this individual will oversee management of donations and payables, monthly bank reconciliation, financial statement and cash flow reporting, and annual budget. The ideal Treasurer candidate should have a strong background in accounting or business, as well as computer proficiency especially with Quickbooks and Excel. Applicant should have a strong work ethic and attention to detail, as well as the ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
Job type: Part time, approximately 4 hours/week, variable. $15 an hour, based on education and experience. No benefits.
Reports to: Church Council.
Relates to: Pastor, Parish Administrator, Youth and Education Program Director and members.
Desired qualifications and skills:
- An Associates or greater degree in accounting or business administration, or equivalent business experience, as well as knowledge of bookkeeping and generally accepted accounting principles.
- Strong attention to detail is of the utmost importance; candidate must be detail oriented, thorough and accurate in the execution of all tasks.
- Responsible work ethic and initiative.
- Individual must be organized, able to work independently and perform several tasks concurrently with ease and professionalism.
- Ability to handle sensitive/confidential matters in a professional, tactful and confidential manner.
- Must have strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Ability to work with parishioners with diverse personalities and differing opinions.
Primary duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Financial Records and Reporting
- Maintain accurate records of financial transactions.
- Create basic financial statements (Income Statement and Balance Sheet) and monthly Cash Flow Reports using the church's Quickbooks accounting software (Reports should compare Budget to Actual and to Prior Year).
- Prepare treasurer's report and present to council and finance on a monthly basis.
- Prepare customized reports from Quickbooks, as needed.
- Analyze and reconcile general ledger.
- Review monthly bank account statements and prepare monthly reconciliation of bank accounts.
- Assure compliance with all federal, state and local tax laws.
- Prepare and maintain required tax documents (employee forms – W2, 1099, 3rd party forms, and quarterly and annual state and federal tax returns).
- Annual report preparation
- Coordinate the annual audit
- Record all incoming donations in the church's records (Quickbooks) in a prompt, timely and accurate manner.
- Print and distribute giving statements biannually.
- Record incoming rent payments, ensure that payments are being made on time and any expense recoupment is promptly billed and collected.
- Perform basic Accounts Payable management; ensure that bills are accurately paid on a timely basis.
- Record payment entries in to the accounting system.
- Review all incoming invoices and bills and prepare for them to be approved by the appropriate signatories.
- Prepare checks for review, approval and signature.
- Prepare and distribute payroll bimonthly.
- Assist in preparation of the annual budget.
- Administrative Duties
- File all bills, invoices, bank statements, financial records, church records and other financial correspondences on a timely basis and in an organized manner.
- Attend Church Council and Finance Committee meetings.
- Answer / return phone calls and emails related to Church Treasurer responsibilities.
- Order supplies for the Finance office.
Please provide a resume by June 15, 2017 to East Union Lutheran Church Council.
East Union Lutheran Church Council email@example.com